Objectives of SMUD/CARB EV charging location rehabilitation
- Redeploy small-paddle chargers from “orphaned”
locations to publicly accessible locations.
- Improve the usability of public
locations for RAV4 EV drivers.
Restore presently obsolete public locations to useful functionality
at minimal cost.
- Replace or remove publicly accessible
large-paddle chargers, which are now essentially obsolete.
- Cleanup fleet locations to remove
unusable equipment, free up valuable parking spaces, and avoid the
perception of derelict “white elephant” equipment being left to
- Eliminate routine ICEing at fleet
locations, to help prevent increased ICEing at public