Photo: Dr. Schafer. Charging stations are on the right of the photo.
Lat: 38.11719 (N 38°07.031') (N 38°07'01.9") (WGS 84 datum) Lon:-122.60983 (W122°36.590') (W122°36'35.4")
Maximum simultaneous ampacity: 50A.
At the SE corner of Novato Blvd, and San Marin Drive. (It is important to note that San Marin Drive changes names to Sutro Avenue at this corner.)
From US 101 North or South :
1. From US highway 101, take the Atherton Avenue/San Marin Drive exit, 2.8 miles north of the junction with CA highway 37.
2. Drive 2.7 miles west on San Marin Drive until the 4 way stop with Novato Boulevard. Proceed straight across the intersection, where the road turns into Sutro Avenue.
3. Turn left at the first drive way on your left.
Go to Google Local for driving directions to/and from any location, and to find points of interest.
How to find the charging station location once you have found the site:
The charging stations are on a fence about 10 feet off of the road on the west side of the driveway. There is a section of dirt to park on, right next to the charging stations.
Nearby charging locations:
Use the EVChargerMaps system to find nearby charging sites, and to leave comments about this site.
Things to do:
1. The only charging site in Novato with the closure of the Costco charging site during their remodel.
2. At the intersection of the two biggest streets in the city of Novato.
3. Available 24/7, directly under a street light.
4. Not far off Highway 101.
5. The dental office supplies the power on site, courtesy of Dr. Paul Schafer, DDS.
6. O'Hair Park is right across the street with hiking trails, a dog park and an equestrian center.
7. China Village, Mary's Pizza Shack and Subway restaurants is a 0.5 mile walk east on Sutro Avenue, which turns in to San Marin Drive once it crosses Novato Boulevard.
4. Miwok Park is a 0.7 mile walk south along Novato Boulevard with the Marin Museum of the American Indian, hiking trails, a picnic area, a playground, and restrooms.
Dr. Paul Schafer, DDS: EV owners are welcome to call my home 415-898-9391 or the office 415-897-9910 if they have any troubles.
Adopt-a-Charger sponsor info:
Dr. Paul Schafer, DDS
Photo: Dr. Schafer. Avcon charging station.
Photo: Dr. Schafer. EV pedestal and panel, fed from 60A breaker in the house.
Generated on Sunday, 1/30/2011, at 10:46:04 PM PT from evcnall.fp7.
12/26/2010: Site added at Dr. Schafer's request. Site has been in operation since mid-2009.
Do you see any discrepancies or have any information for us about this page?
Please add comments, using the EVChargerMaps system. Click here.